9 juli 2011

A little more Roskilde, then vacation

Trying to have a vacation here, so this is likely the last post for awhile. I hope to be able to, remember to and feel like getting back to why cumbia had such a big spot at this year's festival, the truly awesome dj-set by Awesome Tapes from Africa and why John Grant gave a perfect concert but still failed to impress me.
But for now you'll have to do with two of my discoveries: When I first heard Yemen Blues from a distance I mistook them for Oudaden, due to the gnawalike rhythm. Here's a somewhat softer song by the Yemeni-Israeli band.



And Jagwa Music from Tanzania, who played late at night on staurday, after Fally Ipupa (whom you can read about here, in Swedish). The clip is not from Roskilde.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar